Alright, so they aren’t really a proper cake, but they start out as a circle, does that count? I have made these three times this summer, all to rave reviews, so I am a bit addicted, for me the key is the mini chocolate chips, as it distributes the chocolate evenly throughout the scone. And it’s super duper easy. Recipe taken from Hershey.
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional granulated sugar(optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
2. Stir together flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired.
3. Stir whipping cream into flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn mixture out onto lightly floured surface. Knead gently until soft dough forms (about 2 minutes). Divide dough into three equal balls. One ball at a time, flatten into 7-inch circle; cut into 8 triangles. Transfer triangles to prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional granulated sugar.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, if desired. 24 scones.