For the kitchen:
ahem… (in no order, but how it pops into my head.)
repaint the black glass frame cabinet door set to white (to match the rest of the upper cabinets).
- sand & repaint the opening around the cabinet drawers, to smooth out 93 years of paint.
finish the polyurethane coat in the interior cabinet shelves.
- build 5 new cabinet doors to match the originals. (we have the materials, just lacking hinges, see below.)
- re-build the 7 drawer fronts to match the existing cabinets, flush mounted.
- marble counter tops.
- marble backsplash tile in herringbone pattern.
- decide between venato and bianco, already decided tile will be polished.
- light fixture above sink.
- paint kick board under the cabinets black.
- finally choose drawer pulls (7), hinges (12 sets) and latches (12).
- hang picture rail.
- paint ceiling.
- add more outlets by sink and in nook.
- light fixture in mud room, add an outlet or two in there as well.
- new back door.
- new sink.
- new faucet.
- get a new range, refrigerator, and install new dishwasher drawers.
- tile behind the range in the herringbone all the way up to the ceiling.
- get a french style copper range-hood.
- a industrial shelf next to the new fridge.
- build shorter height cabinets next to new range.
- put in a swing door to dining room with round window & brass kick plate. (maybe?)
to make it look all pretty:
- a sweet over dyed navy oriental rug.
- wisteria stools.
- art on walls.
- roman shades in a simple & light coloured fabric for 2 windows.
Whew! What a list for one room. My only time oriented goal on these (which is of course finance driven) would be to get the counter and backsplash tile completed before next thanksgiving. I love making lists, if you like this one. I could make a few more just like it. Perhaps now as long though? What would you add? Or change? Do you have better ideas?
** Post Update: As you can see, I’ve updated the list by crossing off a few items. Perhaps this will help me keep stock on what I have left to do.**