My birthday is coming up this week and so I thought it might be a good opportunity to share a few birthday related posts. Today, I present the quintessential birthday item (for me at least) — the birthday cake. It actually took me a while to decide on what kind of cake to have, but after searching through my baking books, I realized I didn’t want a cake at all, but a ice cream mud pie, a mississippi pie to to some. Doesn’t that sound yummy? My wonderful husband is even going to make it for me!
Here’s a recipe:
- 1/2 POUND BUTTER, MELTED
- 3 CUPS CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIE CRUMBS (RECOMMENDED: OREOS)
- 1/2 GALLON EACH COFFEE ICE CREAM & CHOCOLATE (AMOUNT VARIES DEPENDING ON SIZE OF THE BOWL)
- 2 CUPS CHOCOLATE FUDGE SAUCE
- WHIPPED CREAM (I ALWAYS RECOMMEND HOMEMADE.)
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- I ALSO RECOMMEND NUTS (WALNUTS OR PECANS) AND SAVING EXTRA COOKIES FOR TOPPING.
- MELT BUTTER. GRIND COOKIE CRUMBS IN A FOOD PROCESSOR. ADD BUTTER TO CRUMBS AND PRESS THE MIXTURE INTO A PIE PAN, ALL THE WAY UP THE EDGE. FREEZE THE CRUST FOR SEVERAL HOURS. STIR TOGETHER COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM AND CHOCOLATE SAUCE AND FORM INTO THE PIE PAN. RE-FREEZE THE ICE CREAM FOR ANOTHER FEW HOURS. POUR FUDGE SAUCE ON TOP OF THE MUD PIE. DECORATE WITH CHOCOLATE CHUNKS, COOKIES, NUTS, WHIP CREAM & CHOCOLATE SAUCE. COVER AND FREEZE AGAIN UNTIL ICE CREAM HAS HARDENED. CUT TO SERVE. ENJOY!